Thursday 2 June 2016

The best date ever

In all the failed dates I had one sticks in my mind, it was like something from a dream. I had matched with this punk looking guy on Tinder and we had been speaking for a few weeks and one evening I was out with 'the Bear' watching RuPauls Drag Race at our local haunt and he messages me saying he gets off work at 10 and why don't I come over and we'd go to the park, get a picnic and sit and watch the stars and he would drive me home after all the way to South Philly from the burbs.

This sounded like something from a shitty rom-com and I thought it a ploy to get into my pants and after weeks of frustrating I was most certainly DTF, the date would be a bonus. It turned out he lived a fair distance out of the city but lived on the regional rail line, an adventure for me as it would be the first time I had gotten a train. After a few words of encouragement from 'The Bear' and the boys at the bar I headed off to the station. I was terrified I'd get on the wrong train and asked the conductor when I boarded the train. He was a sassy AF, animated black guy and we got on swimmingly (we ended up becoming really good friends and chatted everytime I got the train) I told him about the date and he told me I'd be fine and he wanted to know how it went. He nicknamed me 'Pearl' because of my micro dermals and mermaid hair. This made me smile and gave me the encouragement I needed.

I got off the train and took in my surroundings, "so this is the burbs" I thought to myself. An imposing gothic church loomed next to the overhead train line. I stood and waited at the station entrance as instructed, he text to say he was gonna be a few mins as he was late out of work but that he was on his way. I replied with "I'll be the dorky looking one dressed in black with green hair and glasses". I spot him in the distance and he is cute as hell, way nicer looking than his profile pictures. He asks if I am hungry and reply that I had eaten earlier and he says we can go straight to the park which is a two minute walk from the station. As it's around 10:40pm the park is empty so we sit on the swings, the view is lovely. The church sits at the end of the park and we overlook the train line and highway and a forested area beyond. 

We chat for what seems years, we have so much in common and is interested in me. The stars are shining and it's a beautiful warm night. The atmosphere is perfect, major kudos for this. He says he needs the bathroom and he lives on the street opposite the park so would I mind if we popped in, I agree as I also need the bathroom and secretly hope this is a way to get me inside so we can get it on as I am major into this punky suitor. His place is almost industrial looking, the ceiling is like that of an office block. Panelled and uniform, not very romantic. He lets me use the bathroom first and when I return we sit on his couch and chat some more, then he gets his guitar out and begins to sing to me; Concrete Blondes 'Joey'. I appreciate the name reference, and my loins stir. Who doesn't want to be sang too?! I say it's getting late as it's now 3:00am and he says he will drive me home which I appreciate. I am a little disappointed nothing happened, he does say he wants to see me again and we arrange a date for 2 days time.

When I'm laid in bed he texts saying he looked forward to seeing me again and that he was sorry he didn't make a move as he was shy, but did want to. I fall asleep hoping maybe this would be something...

So Tinder isn't all bad, there will be more on this guy when I chronicle the next date. Did I finally get sex? I am not writing these in any order just as I remember them and I enjoy leaving you all hanging.

No comments:

Post a Comment