Tuesday 21 June 2016

The Lion, the Bitch and the Wardrobe

Hull, 2008ish? It was a Thursday in the student union, a Thursday like any other. Or so I thought...

Karaoke was a big thing back in the day, any excuse to drink really in the union aptly named 'Sanctuary' as it's where most of us took sanctuary from lectures and they served alcohol from 11am. I digress, I back in the day was not only a member of but Queen/Iron Lady/Democratically voted Leader of the Hull University Alternative and Goth society, or H.A.G's for short, yes I was a hag. 

So Thursday's all us HAGs descended upon the Sanctuary for an evening of drinking and screeching 'Metallica' songs. I arrived early to the union after finishing a late lab session and needed a drink and bumped into the guy who ran the karaoke who we shall call 'The Lion'. We had similar personalities which often meant we clashed, we both were sarcastic but I was certainly charmed by his 6"5ish stature and blue eyes. He was a suave cocky ass but I was intrigued. Part of our clashing was because I had won the vote against him to become leader of our beloved goth society.

He asked if I wouldn't mind helping out setting up as the other guy had not yet arrived and he didn't want to be late and I agreed. We went into the other closed bar (Johnny Mac R.I.P) into the cupboard where all the karaoke equipment was kept and it was weirdly empty, I turned toward The Lion who towered over me and he looked at me and just said "you think I can't manage carrying a couple of folders and a laptop?!" pushed me up against the wall and passionately kissed me, while groping my chest and pushing his leg between mine. It took me back, we were famous adversaries. He said "You always were and always will be my Queen."

I was shocked and pushed him off and quickly picked up the folder and headed back into the main bar. No-one knew of our little trip to Narnia as we referred to it. The whole night after he kept winking at me he knew he had got to me. I had to admit I was curious at what was hidden in this Lions lair.

Years later, he still says I'm his Queen. Perhaps he's my King and I'm too stubborn to know it?

No comments:

Post a Comment